[Shop-talk] Recommendations wanted re: used pick-up trucks

Subject: [Shop-talk] Recommendations wanted re: used pick-up trucks
From: fishplate at gmail.com (Jeff Scarbrough)
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 07:38:02 -0400
On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 3:32 AM, Wayne <wmc_st at xxiii.com> wrote:
> #4 guy that's on his 2nd or 3rd F150.  Not sure if it's the 6 or V8

I guarantee it's not a V6.  I bought one on the promise of better fuel
economy.  It wasn't worth it.  I can pull a trailer, but every time I
climb a hill, the Check Engine light comes on.  Faugh!

EcoBoost is a V6 made for towing, but it's brand new for the trucks
(it's been in cars for a few years), and so doesn't meet the OP's
criteria.  I'd go with an F-250 diesel, depending on the weight of the
trailer.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.