[Shop-talk] SMELLS RE: Recommendations wanted re: used pick-up trucks

Subject: [Shop-talk] SMELLS RE: Recommendations wanted re: used pick-up trucks
From: jibjib at att.net (Jack Brooks)
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 08:28:09 -0700
From: shop-talk-bounces at autox.team.net
[mailto:shop-talk-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Shannah Miller
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2011 10:58 PM
To: Steve Hammatt Mount Vernon WA USA
I inherited a car with both mold and smoke smell.  I dried it out and left
the windows open for weeks.  I had essentially given up, but decided to try
one last desperate measure.  I used a large clamp to hold a can of Lysol so
that it sprayed without me holding it open.  I put that in the car and left
it there with the windows and doors closed, for 48 hours.

I had to clean the inside of the windows, but the smells were gone.

Jack