[Shop-talk] metallic smelling water

Subject: [Shop-talk] metallic smelling water
From: jblair1948 at cox.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 11:58:52 -0400
At 09:30 AM 9/14/2011, Tim wrote:

 >Any thoughts as to why I am now getting this smell? Is it as simple as
 >finally needing to replace the rod?

Tim,

For starters, lets start with the obvious.  Have you checked with any of the
neighbors?  Is there water smelling funny?

Where I live there are 3 citys that border each other.  However, one has
problems with their water supply all the time, especially in the summer.

So it's possible that it's from the city.

Have you called the city?  The should be able to come out and test
your water for you.  Do you have a pool supply store near you?  Many
times they'll check your
water for you also.

I don't think the anode disolving will cause the metal smell.  I've
never had that
here.  I've had to replace my hot water 2 times in the last 25 yrs.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ     email:  jblair1948 at cox.net
Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229

                        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty -
the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for  oneself;
                  freedom  from  control  or  restriction