Re: [Shop-talk] Compressed Air Lines, RapidAir

To: "David Hillman" <hillman@planet-torque.com>, "shop-talk List"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Compressed Air Lines, RapidAir
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 17:41:25 -0500
A +1 on the ease of installation of copper.

And at least in my area [Minnesota] the green-box store is about 10% cheaper
on copper than the orange-box or the blue-box. I used "L" and a silver based
solder and have never had an issue.

I had tried black iron and found that Teflon tape is not the way to make an
effective joint seal. I then went to Teflon pipe joint compound and that
solved the pipe sealing issues but I was still left with the hassle of
cutting and threading. So I started over with copper and like David have
lived happily ever after.

Arvid