Re: [Shop-talk] Milwaukee vs Dewalt cordless Hex Impact Driver

To: Randall <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Milwaukee vs Dewalt cordless Hex Impact Driver
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 18:33:36 -0600
On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 6:25 PM, Randall <TR3driver@ca.rr.com> wrote:
>> Two of the packs lasted two charges each. B I wonder if maybe my usage
>> was an issue--
>
> Lots of people fixate on the "memory effect" and try to run their battery
> packs all the way down. B This is the worst possible usage for a NiCd
battery
> pack! B It is far better to recharge the pack sooner rather than later.

There aren't NiCds in any 18V drill, are there?  They're all NiMH or
LiIon, as far as I've seen.  LiIon have their own problems, and will
die of old age, even at low cycle counts.  I've used an a bused an 18V
milwaukee LiIon with no problems about battery life, in two years.
(maybe three?)  I'm not as impresed with the driver that came with the
drill, but I'm generally not impressed with any cordless impact
driver.  If I drove more lag bolts, maybe I would be.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html