[Shop-talk] Portable air tanks?

Subject: [Shop-talk] Portable air tanks?
From: eric at megageek.com (eric at megageek.com)
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 22:40:36 -0500
I had both styles of connectors in my shop for a while.  I have a home
made adaptor to fix one to the other.  When I recently plumbed my shop
this past year(many of you might remember that saga) I found a connector
at lowes that fits BOTH male types.

I bought all they had and used them at all my access points.  They aren't
as good in my opinion for releasing tools (sometimes they are a pain to
release) but tools go in easier and they do fit both types of connectors
nicely.

Check your local lowes.

Eric P
Waldo Emerson

Mark J Bradakis <mark at bradakis.com>
Sent by: shop-talk-bounces at autox.team.net
12/17/2011 16:36

'shop-talk List' <Shop-talk at autox.team.net>
cc

Subject
Re: [Shop-talk] Portable air tanks?

Regarding couplers I have been using the Milton "M" style for
decades, no problems.  When I was working at Bailey's I made
a short adapter that would plug into his I style and let me plug
in my M style tools.

Back when I was homebrewing on a regular basis I saw some quick
connect garden hose fittings, thought they would be handy for shuffling
stuff around in the brewery. They worked well.  Once I found out
you couldn't disconnect them under pressure like air fittings.
That was festive.

mjb.

Shop-talk at autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html