Re: [Shop-talk] Shucky darn

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Shucky darn
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 20:40:03 -0700
Scott wrote:
> Yeah, that shop here closed a while back. You want a '65 Spitfire oil
> filter? With adapter or without, and we're sorry but it'll have to
> come from the warehouse--can you come back about 2:00 today?  And if
> you couldn't, they'd drive across town right then.  Or at least I
> assume they would. I always just went for lunch and it was there by
> the time I came back.

We moved into our current house back in 1986, I think it was.  About 6
blocks away was
a parts store.  The store manager owned a TR6.  It was so nice to have
counter guys that
knew that a Triumph was made by Triumph.  Obviously long gone.

Actually there is an old school parts place down in the Sandy City area
of the Salt
Lake valley, called The Parts Connection.  One of their current projects
is rebuilding
a 1916 Cadillac engine.  I enjoy delivering stuff there.

mjb.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive