[Shop-talk] Painting Plastic

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Painting Plastic
From: "Bob Nogueira" <bob@texmog.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 09:25:31 -0600
I have a old gas  pump out side the garage with a reproduction globe mounted
on top of the pump.   The globe has glass faces with the oil company logo (
Sinclair HD) and the case of the globe is plastic.
The problem I have is that after a couple of years the plastic dries out and
cracks and the glass faces fall out breaking  when it hits the ground.  I
figure the Texas sun is destroying the plastic.

My question is if I paint the plastic on the replacement globe, will the paint
keep the plastic from drying out and cracking?

Thanks

Bob

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96