Re: [Shop-talk] Another pressure washer thread

To: "David C." <cavanadd@frontier.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Another pressure washer thread
From: Benjamin Zwissler <bjzwissler@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 20:32:10 -0500
In my experience its always the pump.  Most "consumer" brands have plastic
valving and if you don't keep water running through it constantly the pump
overheats and the valves melt. Advice from the repair shop:  "Never put the
wand down with the motor running."  Parts are available from several
sources and its not too difficult to rebuild.  My TroyBilt had a common
pump (Anno-Reverbi maybe or something similar).  You can buy a new pump for
about half the cost of the unit.

Ben......