Re: [Shop-talk] Dryer vs hot water heater

To: "'Shop-Talk List'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Dryer vs hot water heater
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 14:27:48 -0800
> It sounds like the room/house is pretty tight. What if the door that
> separates the utility room from the rest of the house is open?

House isn't tight at all, neither is utility room really.  The door into the
house has at least a 3/8" gap at the bottom.  But that heavy duty dryer
moves a bunch of air.

> Have you checked the water heater chimney for obstruction?

Yup, it's clean.  And if the door to the garage is open by an inch or so,
the air gap sucks air as it should.  I held a lit match in the gap to see
which way the flame blew.  As soon as I close the door (with both heater &
dryer running), the flame blew the other way.

-- Randall

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive