[Shop-talk] OT favor

Subject: [Shop-talk] OT favor
From: peterwmurray at gmail.com (Peter Murray)
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 19:40:08 -0500
On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 5:34 PM, Tim <tputland at charter.net> wrote:
> We ahve all seen the hijacked emails (be them direct hack, malware,
> spoof, or something else)  lately coming from members of this forum.
>
> So, PLEASE, if  you seen that crap coming from my email adderss, in any
> shape or form, AGAIN PLEASE, let me know.

Often, the originating email address is spoofed, so it is not actually
coming from that user. In the 18 years I have had another email
address, I have had that address used several times as the sending
address for spam or malware, and it certainly is annoying! In any
case, you will certainly know when your address is being misused in
this fashion!

> I try to make sure i am clean, but you never know if you are beign spoofed.

Everybody, please practice safe computing! Learn to use Linux, or buy a Mac!
;)

> Thanks!!
>
> tim

-Peter