[Shop-talk] OK, so which saw should I get for use in rehab...

Subject: [Shop-talk] OK, so which saw should I get for use in rehab...
From: ronnie.day at gmail.com (Ronnie Day)
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 10:37:37 -0600
The big (12 inch) sliding compound miter saws are very versatile,
especially if you put them on the rolling stands. We have a Ridgid 12 that
we bought about 5 years ago when we started our new place. Within a month
we added the Ridgid MSUV (older version) because any of the 12 inch saws
are very heavy. The newer model MSUV is much lighter, and should work with
any brand saw.

We even added 16 ft. 1 x 4s as auxiliary fences to allow
for repetitive cuts on long studs, etc. The fences on the Ridgid had holes
drilled making it easy to countersink carriage bolts in the 1 x 4s then
using flat washers and wing nuts on the backside on the fence to hold them
in place. We did need stand alone work supports for the longer pieces, but
the ones built-in to the MSUV work great for most work.

I highly recommend any of the big sliding saws when used with a rolling
cart like the MSUV.

FWIW,
Ron