[Shop-talk] getting a lift out of a truck.

Subject: [Shop-talk] getting a lift out of a truck.
From: jem at milleredp.com (John Miller)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 22:07:55 -0700
> When I got mine delivered it was in a 24' truck, not a semi, with no
> liftgate (wouldn't have helped much anyway).  I had a stack of pallets
> available and an anchor point (the hitch of a pickup).  Tied the bundle to
> the hitch, stuck a stack of pallets behind the big truck and pulled it
> forward about half the length of the lift package.  Put another stack of
> pallets at the tailgate and did it again.  One more time just before the
> load came out and the lift ended up on top of the three pallet stacks.
> Easier than it sounds.

I brought mine home from the dock on a flatbed trailer.

Hung the rear end from my engine hoist, used a floor jack on the trailer
deck to lift the front.

Scooted it back about 3ft that way, then supported the rear of the lift.
  Rolled the cherry picker under the side of the trailer to pick up the
front of the lift and pulled the trailer out from under it.

With a larger, beefier hoist you might just be able to pick up the whole
thing in one go.

John.