[Shop-talk] video gurus listen up

Subject: [Shop-talk] video gurus listen up
From: jdinnis at gmail.com (John Innis)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 13:00:22 -0500
Yep, this can be done, there are several ways.  Most video cameras have a
video out connector that you could connect to a DVD recorder or to a video
capture card on a PC.  There are also many services that will do this for
you for a fee.  If you already have the stuff, it is pretty easy to do.  If
not, it might be cheaper to go buy a digital camera with video capability.
I just bought a small "action" video camera that records directly onto a SD
card for $50.  There also several on the market that have a direct USB
connect to a PC.

Something like this might be cheaper than paying someone to transfer the
tape for you:
http://www.amazon.com/Vivitar-DVR-510-Digital-Recorder-Vision/dp/B002WP7YAA/ref=sr_1_9?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1332525540&sr=1-9