[Shop-talk] Car Lifts, yet again

Subject: [Shop-talk] Car Lifts, yet again
From: jandkstone99 at msn.com (Jim Stone)
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 21:48:01 -0500
Thanks Guys.  I did a little more surfing and found at least one strike three.
In particular, this thread from Garage Journal is pretty instructive:
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80530. The author of the
thread is confident in the lift's safety, but I'd be worried about the flaws
he didn't spot during the assembly.  I don't have the concerns some of you
have about buying used, as long as I can see it up and working, so I will keep
looking.  More likely though, I will just bite the bullet and buy a new one.
Or, I have a big birthday in a few months and my wife has been hinting about
what to give me.   :)

As always, thanks for the advice.  And Eric: thanks for reminding me about
Garage Journal.  I had looked at it once before, but forgotten about it.  I
will definitely be back there again.

Jim