[Shop-talk] Fw: Tim Mullen

Subject: [Shop-talk] Fw: Tim Mullen
From: parkanzky at gmail.com (Paul Parkanzky)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 17:53:31 -0400
Eric,

I'm afraid that I don't have any more a direct line to Tim than you do.

I can, however, pass along some great news from the forums:

---From the Forums (Not My Writing)---

My wife Debbie & I went by the hospital after work, and saw Tim. He was
quite alert, considering the pain meds he is on.

He is bruised up, has a torn muscle in his leg, and a damaged lumbar
vertebra. He can't walk on his own yet, but will be fitted for a brace
soon, which should help. They do not know yet what caused the episode that
landed him in the ER, but tests show it wasn't a seizure, nor a stroke, nor
a heart attack.

We dropped off a Get Well Soon card, from his Lotus friends from around the
world. We also gave him a Lotus 25 model kit. I told him we were going to
need the model assembled, painted, and decal'd by, say, early next week. He
said he'd look into it.

We talked cars, and car people, and he was quite lucid throughout. He is a
bit embarrassed by the fuss online, as his wife Jo has described it to him,
but he is genuinely appreciative of the thoughts. He does not have access
to a computer at this time.
/SNIP/

I removed some forum specific stuff at the end, but the upshot is that Tim
seems to be on the mend and with his faculties in tact.  It's wonderful
news and I think it's just a matter of time before we see Tim on here again.

-Paul