[Shop-talk] OT hep with ants PLEASE

Subject: [Shop-talk] OT hep with ants PLEASE
From: tputland at charter.net (Tim)
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 18:20:24 -0400 (EDT)
I have half a dozen or more ant 'hills' in my back yard; a yard that is
only about 75x100 feet at best. They are about a half inch and black. I
may have seen a white spot on the back end of one of the colony's
inhabitants. Are these carpenter ants? I don't get them in my house.

How can I get rid of these damn things? I have taken "Seven" ant poison,
mixed a few gallons, stuck a shovel into the middle of this one hill
(more than twice over the years) and exposed the middle of the colony
and dumped the contents of the bucket into the heart of the nest. This
hill is still thriving years later after doing this a few times over the
past few years.

I know you have to kill the queen to kill the nest but what the heck can
I do?

thanks!
tim