[Shop-talk] Putting floor in attic - can't fit 4x8 sheets

Subject: [Shop-talk] Putting floor in attic - can't fit 4x8 sheets
From: wmc_st at xxiii.com (Wayne)
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 10:09:18 -0400
On 5/28/2012 7:50 AM, Jim Franklin wrote:
> The blocking ideas would work but there's insulation in the way.

Was wondering about the insulation issue myself.  Room mate & I had a
rental house 20 years ago -- we wanted storage, but had limited space
between the roof truss beams, and lots of blown in fiberglass we didn't
want to compromise. And a lease that said we weren't allow to make
modifications to the structure.

We nailed or screwed 2x6es across the trusses above the insulation
level, then used 2x8' plywood, as you suggested. Was probably about 8x16
feet finished. It was just for storage, so it was ok there was a little
flex between panels.

They make those metal "H" clips for roof sheathing - would those work
for you?

-Wayne