Re: [Shop-talk] Locking Hinge?

To: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Locking Hinge?
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 07:45:53 -0700
Cc: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Sender: shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net
David - If you want it to just stop at the open 180 degree level, you could use a piece of bar stock on one side and angle iron on the other. Round the end of the bar stock and have the pivot at the end. Put the pivot a couple inches back on the angle iron. When flat, the bar will hit the edge of the angle and stop. You could also do this with nested square tubes. Just cut off one side from the larger one a few inches back.

You could make it lock by adding a sleeve with a spring that slides over the joint.

Brian