[Shop-talk] Best paint for concrete block

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Best paint for concrete block
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 14:46:59 -0400
Sender: shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net
Hi Guys,

My Dad bought a new house recently, with 2 car garage / shop / basement on the
lower level.

He wants to paint the concrete block walls for better lighting (reflectivity)
and aesthetics. One wall is below grade, but has no signs of any moisture
seepage in its 20 years, and the other is above (walk out.)

What's the best kind of paint to use? I am NOT a fan of the "DryLok" stuff, and
moisture isn't an issue anyway. Is something like a plain semi-gloss latex a good choice?

-Wayne