Re: [Shop-talk] Trailer Deck Replacement

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Trailer Deck Replacement
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 16:40:49 -0400
On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com> wrote:
> First guess is, it's not quite as strong, but I could be way off.

Some years ago, we built a playground out of plastic framing and
composite decking.  The framing, which seemed to be made from old
grocery bags or something similar, has all been replaced due to
sagging.  The decking is all still good.  But it wouldn't hold a car
on 24" centers.

If you got plastic 2x lumber and put it on edge, maybe -- but not
laying flat...in short, I wouldn't waste my time.

And I'm told that composite decking retains heat a lot longer.  Dunno
if that's a myth or not.  Might be worth checking out before you build
a deck in a sunny spot.

Jeff Scarbrough
Synthetic Acres, Ga.