Re: [Shop-talk] Garage Sound system

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Garage Sound system
From: Peter Murray <peterwmurray@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 20:58:06 -0400
You could use a FM Stereo transmitter with a battery/12V supply for this. I
have been a big fan of the Belkin TuneCast, as it will transmit on any
frequency, and it is not difficult to tack on a better transmitting antenna.

http://tinyurl.com/cz9v6ev

If you have trouble finding the Belkin, likely any one will do. Or you can
build one from a Ramsey Electronics kit - though I would recommend the
FM-25 over the FM-10, for better frequency stability.

http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/hk/default.asp?page=amfm

If something smaller could be made to fit where the PC is, you could look
at a much smaller amp and ceiling speakers....

-Peter

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Bob Nogueira <bob@texmog.com> wrote:
> In my garage I have a PC computer with my music and a internet
connection. On
> the other side of the garage (30 feet) is the FM stereo amp. For several
> reasons I can not have the amp and PC close together. I have been using a
> Bluetooth to get the computer audio output to the amp.
>
> The Bluetooth has been a real pain so I would now like to hardwire the
> computers audio output to the amps aux input.
>
> My Question is what gauge wire will I need to cover the 30 b 40 ft.
between