Re: [Shop-talk] engine diagnostics

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] engine diagnostics
From: "gordies garage" <mg_garage@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 10:01:14 -0500
I'll second an interface like VAG-COM.
I paid $99 about 11 yrs ago and have upgraded my dongle (cable USB
interface) for about $40 IIRC.  I know I've saved hundreds if not thousands
over the years on my '98 A4 and '03 A6 by being able to read the codes and
take corrective action only if necessary, and clear the code for something
unimportant.
One can also do some fun stuff like change the locking (ie: all unlock with
one button push) and/or close all windows and sunroof with the lock button.
I believe as an investment in a tool that VAG-COM is well worth the money.
my .02

Gordie Bird