Re: [Shop-talk] Article on contemporary (somewhat shop-related) gadgets

To: "'Shop-Talk'" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Article on contemporary (somewhat shop-related) gadgets
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 21:53:13 -0800
> An advantage of a larger generator is that you do have the additional
> capacity if you need it.

We have a 7,500 watt generator.  I don't recall the numbers, but it'll run
far longer than I thought it would on it's 10 gallon tank.  The nice part is
that we run as much of the house as we need to and still run a few extension
cords to the neighbors.  I only keep 10 gallons in cans, but I have 10 in my
Triumph TR3 and 13 or so in my Triumph TR8.

Last winter we lost power for a week, right after switching to Dish.  That
was nice, as Comcast was down.

We lose power every few years for a few days at a clip.  Having a nice big
generator is nice to bridge the gap.  I also like to be able to run my
welder in the field too.

Jack
Seattle-ish