Re: [Shop-talk] converting a propane heater to nat gas

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] converting a propane heater to nat gas
From: Scott <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 00:40:46 -0500
A long time ago a neighbor converted the permanently-installed grill on
his porch from LP to N.G. Himself. The house didn't go boom so I assume
he did it okay. Everything I've ever heard is that it's just a jet
swap--our grill came with two screw-in 'regulators' (jets, I
assume)--depending on which fuel you used, you put in the appropriate
one. But having said that...

On 12/17/2012 9:00 PM, John Niolon wrote:
> Anybody see how this can blow up in my face ???

That's probably the idea I'd be afraid of. This'd be one of those things
I'd be dead-nuts certain about before I did it. I'm sure if you couldn't
buy the part you could have one machined up...but the consequences if it
was wrong plus the cost and hassle of having that part machined...  I'd
probably just shop for a new heater.