Re: [Shop-talk] Loud Toilet

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Loud Toilet
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 09:32:50 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 12/18/2012 09:32:52, Serialize complete at 12/18/2012 09:32:52
Cc: marty sukey <trmarty@hotmail.com>
Marty,

Is there an "expansion tank" in your house?  If so, drain the water from
it (it should have an easy drain valve.)

The expansion tank should be a small 10 gal or so tank (like one on a
portable compressor) that has one water line run it.)
Note, I'm not an expert, but this works for me.

Enjoy!

Eric P
Waldo Emerson

marty sukey <trmarty@hotmail.com>
Sent by: shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net
12/18/2012 09:04 AM

shop-talk list <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
cc

Subject
[Shop-talk] Loud Toilet

I have a 12 year old house. Master bathroom is at the opposite end of the
house from the water feed line. A few months ago the toilet in the master
bath
started hammering when flushed. Like a water hammer shutter noise. I
replace
the fill valve in the tank over the weekend, and it got worse???  As the
float
is dropping to start filling the tank is when all the shuttering/hammering
takes place.  Any ideas?

Marty