[Shop-talk] radiator reuse

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] radiator reuse
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 11:00:28 -0600
We've got single pipe steam heat.  We're also missing a radiator in
the bedroom.  (the riser is there, just capped off. still has a valve,
even.) By coincidence, my brother has replaced a radiator in his
house, with a small modern thing.  They've got hot water heat
(originally two pipe steam).  There's no reason I can't remove the air
bleed valve, fit an air valve, fit a plug on output on that side, and
use it with the single pipe steam, is there?  The radiator is a bit
smaller than it ought to be, but I can't really beat the price.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com