[Shop-talk] tail light lens repair

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] tail light lens repair
From: "Lee Daniels" <lee@automate-it.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 09:59:34 -0600
While I prefer to replace plastic lenses, etc., the owner of the car I care
for thinks that the price of a new rear taillight assembly is not worth the
expense. She found a web site that describes a process of using some kind of
epoxy to do a repair for small holes in a lens - but the site does not give
the name or manufacturer of the "catalyst-activated liquid". See it here:
  http://goo.gl/ex7Go
A search of the online versions of all of my favorite FLAPS did not turn up
such a beast, just the "repair tape" material - which I refuse to use. Any
ideas about this type of fix-it kit?

On a related note, I also detest relying on rear-view cameras to do one's
backward navigation, and always turn around and get a full 180-deg-plus view
of the target area. SWMBO would have done well to heed my warnings about this
rather than catch the corner of her sister's BloatoMobile ...

Lee