Re: [Shop-talk] turn off the bubble machine

To: "Al Fuller" <al@bighealey.org>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] turn off the bubble machine
From: Roland Wilhelmy <rwil@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 13:50:15 -0700
Cc: Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Al (et al.)-

My air in the water lines problem gradually went away.  Now I don't
know if the problem was electrolysis and it stopped cuz there wasn't
any more stuff to eat away or if the air came from some place beside
the water supply.  Since I have a service contract on the water heater
I am just going to watch and wait.  I tried to ignite the 'air' coming
out of the tap but could not.  This suggests that whatever the source
of the gas it isn't from breaking down water into hydrogen and oxygen.

I wish I could give you more help.  Do gas water heaters have
sacrificial rods?  If so you could pull them and see if they are being
destroyed more rapidly than normal.  Could you remove the second water
heater from the plumbing and see if that helps?

-Roland