[Shop-talk] Easier EE question

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Easier EE question
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 14:14:53 -0400 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 05/06/2013 14:14:57, Serialize complete at 05/06/2013 14:14:57
OK, Since I'm out of luck for my other EE question, let me try an easier
one.  Note, not much shop content, but it does allow me to use tools, and
it makes the SO happy.

Anyway, I got a tanning bad for the SO.  She only uses it to relax her
muscles since her car accident.  But here is the problem...

The machine worked fine for a while (I got it used*)  But now, when she
starts it up, it trips the breaker.  I called the company and the breaker
size (and wiring) I ran was for the correct size (I think it was a 10%
over max rating.)

And since the machine worked fine for a while, what could be causing the
extra current draw?  (and more importantly, how do I find it?)

Do I just try another breaker first?  is there a way to measure it?
Thanks.

*= I got this unit used from someone who had it.  They got rid of it
because it 'sparked and made  a loud noise.'  When I got it home, turns
out that one of the connectors had shorted.  I fixed the connector and
have been using it since.

Thanks again

Eric P
Waldo Emerson