Re: [Shop-talk] Renting garage space

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Renting garage space
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 09:55:28 -0700
On 5/9/2013 7:22 AM, PJ McGarvey wrote:

> So to explore way how I might be able to recoup the price of said house - alot
> of which I think I think are b/c of this garage - I'm wondering how I can go
> about maybe renting space whether it be just storage or possibly also work
> space.

In today's litigious society, the only way I would do this is to form an
LLC or S-corp and have that entity run the rental business, and possibly
own/lease the property. I would for sure consult with an attorney
beforehand. If someone gets hurt on your property, you can lose it just
in lawyer fees alone from a lawsuit.

jim