[Shop-talk] Fw: rigid insulation board

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Fw: rigid insulation board
From: Frank Vantacich <rustymetal@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 15:27:29 -0700 (PDT)
Good information from everyone. Thank you!! The structure I will be using the
rigid insulation in is a raised center aisle barn which is all built of wood ,
the raised center part is 20 feet from the ground and has a 4 in 12 pitch roof
over it and is 18' x 30'. I was going to screw the rigid insul. boards to the
rafters then there would be a gap of about 4ft at the ridge down to 6 inches
between the roof and the rigid insul boards.

I don't have any lights in this area but will have two 5' ceiling fans. There
are three 2'x4' windows  on either side that are about 2 ft from the ceiling so
the rigid insul boards will hopefully reflect some light in to the floor space.
right now I'm sure I loose a lot of heat from my wood stove into this space so
it will serve two functions one to keep the  heat in in the winter and two keep
the heat out in the summer that comes from the asphalt shingled roof.

I was originally planning to  insulate with rolled insulation and then screw
16'
lengths of corrugated metal on to the rafters, this is what i did on the two
lower ceilings which go from 9' up the 14' but for some reason i can't get
motivated to do the same thing in the center part which is 20' up in the air.

And know you know the rest of the story.

Frank V.
Loomis, Ca
rustymetal@sbcglobal.net