Re: [Shop-talk] rigid insulation board

To: "Shop Talk List" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] rigid insulation board
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 09:02:50 -0500
The information was specifically related to maximizing the effectiveness
of the radiant barrier, not the pro's and con's of insulation in general.

My non-scientific experience agrees with yours. The garage is
considerably cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter after I
installed foam installation ... but it was simply pink foam board without
any reflective barrier.

Our observations suggest that significant benefits can be had by putting
up any insulation, and the information provided in the link provides the
manufacturers recommendations related to the radiant barrier component
if that is part of the material being installed.