Re: [Shop-talk] Tire Pressure gauges

To: <eric@megageek.com>, "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tire Pressure gauges
From: "John Niolon" <jniolon@att.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 08:53:18 -0500
Eric,

I think with a little fab or cobble work you could come up with a homemade
gauge that would be accurate...  surely one of the major tire gauge
people... Milton ..etc makes a filler that has a threaded end that could be
threaded into a 3/8 brass tee... a high quality accurate gauge in one tee
port and the quick couple adapter into the other... probably wouldn't be
pocket friendly but it could be extremely accurate... find a good liquid
filled guage with the proper range... to comply with your anal accuracy
standard ...check the gauge on known pressure points before assembling..

I'm fairly sure there are ample brass adapters and fittings that you could
use to cobble this thing up..  I've often wondered the same thing... and
basically use mine to assure that all 4 tires have the same pressure... my
accuracy standard isn't quite as high as yours :-)

john