Re: [Shop-talk] oil leak detection dye

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] oil leak detection dye
From: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 09:53:52 -0500
I was surprised to learn that engine oils show up nicely under UV light
without any dye.  A dye may make it glow even brighter, but with a good UV
light you can see oil leaks just fine as long as there's a little shade.

Here's one - Amazon has quite a few, and I was amazed at the quality and low
price of the one (looks identical) that I bought a few years ago.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007SIR08C/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&ps
c=1&smid=A23BMDV6UOKQGP

Karl

PS - Also reveals biological products of all sorts on all types of surfaces
in all types of places.  Not for the squeamish...