[Shop-talk] dimpling metal ??

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] dimpling metal ??
From: "John Niolon" <jniolon@att.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 17:24:01 -0500
maybe what you call it...  I need to 'dimple' a piece of metal just like a rim
is dimpled where it fits over the wheel studs... for the same reason...   I'm
making this (see links) and can't figure how to deform the metal into the
right shape...   hyd press with a rounded rod ??  I've got a hyd press (bench
top 20 ton) I use for bending metal...

it will be 1/16 or 1/8" plate and I need to do this pretty accurately so it
will fit the rim... I'm trying to copy a wheel lock gizmo I saw on the net...

http://jniolon.classicpickup.com/hub_closeup1.jpg
http://jniolon.classicpickup.com/back.jpg

suggestions...

Many people are alive only because it's illegal to shoot them.