[Shop-talk] Engine damage

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Engine damage
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 12:17:58 -0400 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 09/30/2013 12:18:04, Serialize complete at 09/30/2013 12:18:04
Hello all, theoretical question about engines.

My co-workers and I were talking about trying to identify if an engine was
tampered with after it was destroyed. (I work in law enforcement.)

We were wondering, would you be able to tell if someone put sugar in a gas
tank and it lunched the engine?  Mostly on a small engine verses a car.
(I'm assuming that a fuel filter would catch any additives in a car.)

If so, is there something else to put in gas that would kill it?  Or
something else that can be done that was undetectable?

I knew this would be the place for the definitive answer!

Eric P
Waldo Emerson