Re: [Shop-talk] Storage Container Rental

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Storage Container Rental
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 12:46:45 -0400 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 10/30/2013 12:46:55, Serialize complete at 10/30/2013 12:46:55
Doug asks about containers...

Doug, there are a few options here.  First, visit your local U-Haul.  They
have varying sized containers that are pretty cheap to rent.

While there, take a close look at them, many are made with lumber and
plywood, then covered with a weatherproof canvas or rubber.  You could
make something yourself cheaper once you see what it actually is.

Next, if you live next to a major shipping port, contact them.  They often
GIVE AWAY shipping containers that are not 'shipping worthy.'  All it
would cost you is to have someone deliver it to your house.

Or, see if you can rent an enclosed trailer from a trailer dealer nearby.
They may have a used unit that they will rent for cheap (since it will not
really be used on the roads.)  This also gives you the advantage of
rolling the trailer right next to the building to load/empty it, but then
you can move it away from the doorway to keep it from being in the way.

If you can't rent it, maybe buy a used one and resell it when you are
done.  They don't really depreciate in value (I bought one in 2010 and
recently resold if for $200 less than I paid for.  Not bad for a 3 year
rental.)

I have no idea about PODS or any of those services, but I've heard they
were pretty pricey.

Eric P
Waldo Emerson