Re: [Shop-talk] Battery charger

To: <markmiller@threeboysfarm.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Battery charger
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 16:27:20 -0600
I've had this one for a few years and like it ...

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200404864_200404864

The only thing I initially found odd when I first got it was the lack of an
on-off switch. That has turned out to be a non-issue. Hook it up to the
battery, plug it in, set a couple of buttons to give it clue [it is a
'smart' charger, not a 'clairvoyant' charger] as to what you want to see in
the display [Battery %, Voltage, Alternator %], what the battery technology
is [12v Standard, 12v AGM, 12v Gel Cell, 6v Standard] and the battery size
[Small, Medium to Large, Engine Start].  It seems to shut the charging
circuit off at the proper time.

Arvid