Re: [Shop-talk] HF Predator engines

To: "'Brian Kemp'" <bk13@earthlink.net>, "'Shop Talk List'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] HF Predator engines
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 20:47:57 -0800
> I replaced the
> fuel lines
> and rebuilt the carb, including replacing the inlet
> valve/seat and now
> it idles, but does not run well without the choke.

Did you actually poke something through all the passages, or just soak them in
cleaner?  Last time I had that problem (a vertical
shaft mower that had been left full of fuel), the main jet had some kind of
hard deposit that none of my solvents would touch.  I
had to literally chip it out with a dental pick.  Ran fine after that.

Randall