Re: [Shop-talk] How much to weigh the back of a plow truck

To: "eric@megageek.com" <eric@megageek.com>, "shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net" <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] How much to weigh the back of a plow truck
From: Bill Gilroy <bill.gilroy@outlook.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 18:59:51 -0800 FILETIME=[3F805380:01CF0E79]
Back when I lived in NJ most plow rigs had a load of sand or salt and a
spreader.

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
Sent: b1/b10/b2014 6:08 PM

OK, I have a GMC 3500 Duelie mason dump that I would like to use as a plow
truck.

I have a "Great Bear" plow (LIGHT duty ONLY) that is already hooked up to
it.  The truck is only rear wheel drive.

It works great for plowing, until it losses traction.  I'm figuring if I
can put enough weight in the back, it would fix the problem for the most
part.

Once I know HOW much weight I need, I plan to make a concrete block that
has forklift holes so I can load it in and out easily.

But how do I figure out how much weight I need?  Any ideas?

Also, am I on the wrong track?  Will the weight fix it?  Is two wheel
drive (well, 4 wheel if you count the duelies) not ever going to work?

 I have a pair of duelie snow chains for it, but I can't drive down the
road on them.

Note:  I'm not looking to do this as a business. I just want to plow out
myself, my neighbors, tenants, and my parents.

Thanks in advance

Eric P
Waldo Emerson

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/bill.gilroy@outlook.com