Re: [Shop-talk] electrical question

To: "'Tim .'" <tims_datsun_stuff@outlook.com>, "'Shop Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] electrical question
From: "Pat Horne" <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 08:22:38 -0500
Tim,

You said that you have knob and tube wiring in this area. Can you give me a
better understanding of how the outlets and fan are fed? For example, does
power come to the fan via knob & tube, then go to the outlets and porch
light via the same knob and tube, or are they fed from the ceiling fan via
romex or more knob and tube?

As others have mentioned, it sounds like you have a loose connection either
in the junction box, or whatever feeds it. I'll be happy to help with this.

Peace,
Pat