Re: [Shop-talk] Need advice from mechanical engineering minded guys (so

To: <eric@megageek.com>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Need advice from mechanical engineering minded guys (so I came the best place!)
From: "Pat Horne" <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 09:59:08 -0500
Eric, My view is that the fewer moving parts, the better.

Why not consider adding an arch to your skidder so that you can tip the
skidder up on its back end, cinch the log to the arch and then pull the
hitch back down. This will keep you from having to lift the log up so you
can get your skidder under it, then let the log lay on your skidder. But if
you would rather buy something, I'd go with the slide unit. Depending on how
heavy your logs are, and how strong the slide bar is, it may need replacing,
but that should be easy.

Peace,
Pat