Re: [Shop-talk] Garage door opener problem

To: "'Dave Cavanaugh'" <cavanadd@frontier.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Garage door opener problem
From: "Pat Horne" <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 20:53:57 -0500
Dave,

Since you have two of these you can do some comparisons.

Disconnect the openers from the doors, then open and close the doors by
hand, comparing how much force is needed at different positions.

With the doors disconnected, run the openers up and down with the remotes to
see if they both close correctly.

This will isolate the problem to either the door or the opener.

Door rollers get worn, dirty and bent, so you may need to replace one or
more of them.

Give it a bit more diagnosis and then let us know what you find out.

Peace,
Pat