Re: [Shop-talk] Garage door opener problem

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Garage door opener problem
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2014 22:28:07 -0400
That's the way to go at this point.  The thing is 15 years old and
you say you can replace it for $125.  Just based on that, I don't
think I would put more than $50 or so into fixing it.  I hope you
don't have any problem returning the board.  Sometimes electrical
components that have been removed from their sealed bag and installed
can be hard to return.  Of course if it wasn't in a sealed bag, then
perhaps they won't know.  Anyway, I think you are on the right track
now.  Get a new one and put the aggravation behind you.

-Steve