Re: [Shop-talk] dryer squeak

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] dryer squeak
From: "Tim ." <tims_datsun_stuff@outlook.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 07:51:31 -0600
I had something similar happen to my washer: A piece of metal got into the
pump housing and cracked it causing a nice water spill that eventually ended
up in the basement. The piece of wire turned out to be an underwire from one
of the bosses' bras.......

And of course, this was in the shiny new front loader that is much more
complicated to work on that the simple old electric dryer so I had to pay
someone to fix the washer. sigh

Thanks for the input on the squeak everyone!
tim

> Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 22:25:32 -0600
> From: mark@bradakis.com
> To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] dryer squeak
>
> This will be of no help to you whatsoever, but that's not going to stop me.
>
> Some time ago I was helping a friend of mine get caught up with his HVAC
business
> as a general grunt. The new construction jobs were nice, the remodeling jobs
were
> pretty dirty.
>
> Anyway, I threw some of my work clothes into the washer, then the dryer.
Started
> the dryer and about a minute later there was a TERRIBLE screeching sound.
Turns out