Re: [Shop-talk] [Bulk] Re: Seasonal water hammer?

To: "'Karl Vacek'" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>, "'shop-talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] [Bulk] Re: Seasonal water hammer?
From: "Pat Horne" <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 16:07:22 -0600
Larry,

I've had this kind of problem on taps that we don't use often. Turns out
that the problem was that the packing nut on the tap was loose, allowing the
valve stem to move a bit, affecting the water flow through the valve. I've
also heard that a loose faucet washer can cause the same thing. Do all your
taps do this, or just one or two? If you turn on the taps for your washing
machine and run the washer, is there water hammer when the washer shuts the
water off? If not, then it is probably not a water hammer, but modulation of
the water flow such as I described to start with.

Peace,
Pat

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/kvacek@ameritech.net