Re: [Shop-talk] direct burial Cat 5

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] direct burial Cat 5
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 05:08:48 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 11/17/2014 05:08:53, Serialize complete at 11/17/2014 05:08:53
Dave asks about direct burial Cat 5

I had three separate runs of direct burial and the problem I kept having
was lighting killing my equipment on one or both ends.

They make special lighting arresters for this purpose, but it was easier
for me to use wireless to the remote buildings then spend the money on
them.

I have plenty of direct bury cat 5 cable left, if you are in the NJ area.

YMMV

Eric P
Waldo Emerson