Re: [Shop-talk] Shop use for no-longer-non-stick pan?

To: shop-talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Shop use for no-longer-non-stick pan?
From: Dave Cavanaugh <cavanadd@frontier.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 19:32:33 -0800
I have a number of old/retired pans and skillets in the shop.  They
eventually come in handy for something, and if the stack gets too high
or cumbersome, just recycle the most useless.

One use for an old large-ish saucepan:  cooking my sandblast cabinet
media over a propane hotplate to drive the moisture out of it. Also a
soak pan for citric acid solution for de-rusting old hand tools.  And I
have melted a bunch of lead in old cast iron skillets, but not recently.