[Shop-talk] TV converter box

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] TV converter box
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 16:55:30 -0500
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s2048; d=snet.net; b=UxhyuUaAP1A8CIUWDsmkaQPpQNk0VIORpLH2XugkCltuSjGIVOp7bt8VzMSJJs4st83UmLc76d5i/8BW5BeiQ9XqYra699Pq8bxlciQuwZHTGVutnVxvebAyTA/pHG8bb1LJQtdBulvsKKVh5ySfR66oO7HfEBtaBBo9lzeRosy6MW76CkkFpDaHbqjhSgsA9+NavfaJxTpZ8rKhipqNcsUXydSrexB3p4/jNQCJQcVkjcFtAvGs+dkjrJAAXbLEefcgHmfLoemDbpepoTJYEVbalmjGSrhfVn1G50iEqhyhRxWffMrFNUVYXt+qucDGkofYoaQ/deQ+eB6y3gxcFQ==;
The shop content for this is that I presently have TVs in my work space.

My cable provider has announced the move to "all digital" requiring one
of their boxes at each TV, regardless of the TV's digital cable
readiness.  I have coax to multiple locations in my house and shop and
don't want to rent ANY boxes from them, let alone the seven I would need
for this, plus in at least one location with a 7" screen, a corner in
our kitchen, the box will be bigger than the digital TV.  Are there any
alternatives?  Is there a digital equivalent to the old analog block
converters?  Or will my digital TVs actually still see the digital
signals, just not at the same place on the "dial."
--
Low Tech Jim

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
james_f_juhas.vcf]